Sunday, February 24, 2013

Goodbye USA, Hello Chile

WHERE TO START?!

Getting ready for Chile was probably one of the most stressful and annoying things to do. Getting my VISA was a serious pain in my ass. I do have to say though, everything that I've done thus far to get me here has been 100% worth it.

My flights to Chile were surprisingly awesome. I met two really awesome guys, one on each flight. On my first flight this gentleman and I talked about life and he bought me drinks.On my second flight, I sat next to a sorta celebrity. He plays in a band for Romeo Santos, the lead singer of Aventura.

I knew that after my long flight and meeting these great people, it had set the mood for my adventure of a lifetime.  After sitting around the airport in Santiago, Chile for a few hour waiting for the other people on my trip then traveling for about an hour (not exactly sure how long it was cause I slept), I finally made it to Valparaiso to meet my wonderful host mom, Gilda.

At first I had an overwhelming feeling, I had gotten the tears of excitement and nervousness out and I was good to go. My mom drove me around the city so I could familiarize myself with it. Here are the main things I've observed about Chile so far:
  • The roads are bumpy as hell
  • Everyone talks to damn fast, I can barely understand. They also use a lot of slang and shorten words.
  • The city looks like it will be a lot of fun. There are lots of different bars and dance clubs.
  • There is a lot of graffiti everywhere.
Now I am hanging out with my new sister, Carolina and her friends. I'm attempting to understand them, it's almost impossible.

I'll have more for you guys later though, don't you worry!

ADIOS!

DISCLAIMER: I'm lazy and hate to reread. I'm going to apologize a head of time for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I'll try to clean it up for you though!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sarah!
    Yes, it's me, your old music teacher! I found out about your blog because your Mom posted on Facebook.

    I'm really interested in your trip to Chile! It's nice that you have a host family! It sounds like quite an adjustment to life there. But, in the end, you will have experienced a lot and your life will be richer for that! When I was 16, I lived with a host family in Japan for one summer. My group of 9 was the first to ever go to Japan through AFS. I have never forgotten it and you won't forget yours, either!

    Hang in there and take it one day at a time!
    Love,
    Mrs. Rexford

    ReplyDelete